Why would she do this to the people on here?

Why would a Mom make a post-and then use the answers on her blog to humiliate people?

Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Cafemom on Cesareans

While enjoying some time to myself in the bath this evening, I thought of something pure genius to write about. The women on Cafemom and what they have to say about c-sections, as well as elective c-sections.
I find their take rather amusing. Uneducated, but amusing. And best of all, when someone disagrees, didn't like their cesarean, and doesn't sign up to have all their children ripped from one of their internal organs, they attack like a bunch of wolves. Defensive to say the least. These women strike me as hurt, and those who haven't come to term with their surgical births yet.

So when discussing the "Once a Cesarean, Always a Cesarean" topic, some of the below comments were said....

You can go to her blog to read more of her slams.
Birth babies and everything in betwe

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Sorry it's birth babies and everything in between. She comes on here, claiming to be giving out information, and uses the answers on her blog to insult and humiliate anyone who didn't agree with her. How bad is that? How Un PROFESSIONAL for someone who claims to be a birth advocate and the leader of a Birth self help group to do something like this.
    I
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Here is more of what she choose to say:

"I had to have a c section with my daughter because she was 11 pounds and 9 ounces and 22 and half inches long,the doctor told me that if I wanted her vaginal at least they were gonna need to break her shoulders to go thru my vigina and Im 4"11 so ofcourse I wasn't going to let that happen. my husband's familly is too big and my kids maybe have the big genes : ).And when I had my son last year because of my previous c section the doctor didn't want to do vaginal so I had to have another c section.The truth is I really wanted to have a c section with my son :)..."

Height matters, and god forbid an 11 pound baby had to be pushed through that perfect little vajayjay you don't want to ruin for the next baby daddy you rope in!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• report her. That should not be acceptable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I guess I don't know what you're talking about. Do you have a link to this blog? Why would she criticize someone for having a c-section when she herself had two c-sections. Is there something wrong with electing to have a c-section if you dont really have to have one? Anyway...I guess I need to read the entire blog in order to give you an insightful answer.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Report her for what? She used cafe mom as blog fodder. I am not sure that is reportable.
    But I sure would be pissed if she was quoting me in her blog and making fun of me.
    As I said , it's unprofessional.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• The name of the blog is birth babies and everything in between. You can easily find it, and see where she used cafemom posts to ridicule the people who disagreed with her.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• oh okay, I read it. Apparantly she thinks a c-section is un-natural and therefore bad for the baby. I was a c-section baby---no health problems happy and healthy thriving adult and both of my kids were c-sections. Has she not heard of women who die giving birth? This is one of those women who is just opinionated about things un-natural. What can you do?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Oh she certainly is entitled to that opinion. But to use posts in her blog to humiliate tyhe woman who made them-including this
    "Height matters, and god forbid an 11 pound baby had to be pushed through that perfect little vajayjay you don't want to ruin for the next baby daddy you rope in!
    Is totally un called for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I wrote her a comment which she has to approve:

"I want to be as tactful and polite as possible here as I know that you made this blog thoughtfully and according to your own beliefs. I understand that a c-section is an un-natural way to have baby and you disagree with it obviously. Have you heard of women dying while giving birth? It happened a lot in the old days until c-sections became an option. The doctor actually told me that the bone in my birth canal is mis-shaped and it makes it impossible for me to have children through my vagina without killing me. Also, my labor would not progress and actually started to go backwards after being in labor all day long. You might think I'm just not "tough enough" to have a baby naturally, but body just will not let me. I can't believe that you would actually criticize a woman for not wanting to break her baby's shoulders. People have to opt for c-sections for many different
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:10 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• reasons. There risks involved with walking outside and breathing the air. There are risks involved with driving your car everyday. There are risks involved in taking your children to the park. Sometimes the risks outweigh the alternitive choice. Who are you to say that these women did the wrong thing? Sure there are risks involved in having a c-section, but would you rather have the mother die and the child have to be raised without its mother? To call these women uneducated is just wrong. Nobody is being disrepectful of your decision to have children naturally and it doesn't make us bad parents to have our children via c-section especially if we have a medical reason. I appreciate your opinion and this post. I just would like for you to understand that the comments you've made are offensive and hurtful to many women on cafemom.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:12 AM on Oct. 22, 2009