Trick or Treat OR Trunk or Treat?

Which one would you prefer?
Here in PA, since all the houses are soo far apart we do Trunk or Treat where everyone meets at our community or school and goes from car to car. I kinda like it, cause w/ 5 kids its over in 30 min, But I do miss the treaters coming to my home, I dont even get to decorate cause no-one ever see's it..what's your opinion?

angeleyes31376

Asked by angeleyes31376 at 10:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think thats a great idea. No one gets to cold and you still get to have fun with everyone.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• We'll be going to a church festival. SS is 3 but will be with his mom that weekend, and DS is only 11 months old, so we'll do a little of that then come home. plus it takes 30 minutes to get into town to do this lol. same here, our houses are too far apart, plus on dirt roads, lots of trees and no lights haha....we live in the boonies.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My kids' Catholic school is doing a Trunk or Treat this year (they were asking for volunteers). We won't be attending. We will be trick or treating. I'm not going to go crazy making their costumes and getting them ready to walk around a freaking parking lot.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I've never heard of the idea but I think it's great for wee munchins who can't walk very far. Or for parents who want just to show off their infants' costume. 

Trunk-or-Treat Halloween Activity 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• love trick or treat.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I agree, I think that the trunk or treat is a good idea if you can't regualar trick or treat but I am a traditionalist and to me, it would not be the same... just better than nothing!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• We do both. We trick or treat and soemtimes stop by a church for trunk or treat...we are out of there in 20 mins and on to another neighborhood.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I live in the "Bible Belt" and in an area where one of the West Memphis Three's victims mothers live . After the murders everyone in the area went nuts over the "occult" almost everyone quit giving out candy for trick or treat. Trunck or treat is done at churches here , but they frown on any scary costumes. My 7 yr. old loves the traditional movie monsters this year he is the wolfman, that would send the local churches into a hissy fit. We go to the only neighborhood that still wants trick or treaters then we go home and have a family Halloween party with treats and scary movies . Don't get me wrong I'm a christian , I just don't agree with Halloween hysteria.
    coffeemama1776

Answer by coffeemama1776 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I've never done a trunk or treat. My church is doing one this year and they are asking that parents decorate their trunks....maybe you could do that. of course not as much to decorate but then again, not as much to clean up!!! :)
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• We do mostly trunk or treat, but there are a couple of neighbors whose homes we stop at for traditional trick or treating. We live out in the country, and most of the neighbors are very keep to yourself types. Plus, it's sometimes a very long walk between houses and the kids get bored then. We also go to a haunted house that night.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:53 AM on Oct. 22, 2009