I need some good ideas for games for my Halloween party that I'm having for my kids. There ages are 4-13. Please help

Please help me come up with games for my halloween party!!! I'm going to do the candy corn guess, pin the wart on the witch, but not sure what else.

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 10:25 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Holidays

• bobbing for toys:
    Get a bucket, fill it with water, and red food coloring. 1 pair of prongs. Put plastic toys in it, each kid gets one, and one of the toys are the winners.

Write down which one is the winner before they dip in the bucket, on a scroll type thing and announce it at the end. Let them win a dollar or 2.00 or a special goody bag-kids love goody bags.

Witches hat instead of musical chairs. Use the hat to pass on each kids head. :) they must put it on and spin once, then put it on the other kids head.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• They can also dress eachother up like Mummys with toilet paper. Give them a time limit. The one who is the most wrapped up wins.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 11:22 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Some kind of obstacle course- make them carry something on a spoon as they climb over, go around, and go under obstacles. The one with the best time and the fewest drops wins. You could do it in age categories, to be fair to the little ones.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 3:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• We like to play "hot potato" with mini pumpkins. Sit them in a circle, give one of them a mini pumpkin, and start some music. have them pass the pumpkin to the next person (or for older kids they can toss it across the circle) as quickly as possible. Then stop the music and whoever has the pumpkin at that point is out. The circle closes tighter, and repeats til there is only one person left. That person can either win the mini pumpkin or another Halloween related prize.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• sugar cookie decorating
    color plain cake icing orange - make cookies in shape of pumkin and buy small m&m's for eyes, candy corn for nose and red hots for lips or use m&m's again to decorate thier own cookie. my sons pre k class loved this- to avoid icing overload put small amount in cheap sandwich bag to one corner and then when they are ready cut small tip and let them go to town decorating. I pre packed the icing, and candies in sandwich bag along with cookie and second bag with icing and gave each child one to decorate. they get a kick out of this and it really helps keep them entertained for sometime. Hope you like the idea. good luck on your party. going to one tomorrow and taking the same idea with me.
    mom12706

Answer by mom12706 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2009