Would you rather live where it's arid or humid?

Have you ever lived in both climates? Which is your favorite? Why? What did you dislike about either?

Kelly913

Asked by Kelly913 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Travel

• I live in the desert part of Colorado and I definitely prefer arid. I have visited places that were humid all the time, Iowa and Florida, and hated it. It gets too hot. If It was somewhere that it didn't get extremely hot in the summer I could deal with the humidity.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Humid... I love hot weather
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Humid. I have eczema on my hands, and it is HORRIBLE in cold dry weather. I never had it when we lived in Guam and trust me that place is about as humid as you can get, but here in WA where we have cold winters, my hands are horrible, and in Spain when the summers were 115 and it never ever rained, it was really bad then too.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:19 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I prefer humid. I grew up in Tennessee where it's very humid and 2 years ago we moved to Colorado. My daughter has frequent nosebleeds like 3-4 times a week. Her pediatrician insists that it's the arid environment. My allergies are so much worse here as is my eczema. I think that my body is accustomed to the humidity. I also enjoy running but find it difficult here in Western Colorado. The air is so dry and the elevation makes it hard to catch your breath. LOL I hate it here...
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 12:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Maybe it is what we're accustomed to because I grew up in AZ and find it hard to breathe when it's humid! When you say Tennessee is very humid, do you have a figure-like what percent humidity and how hot does it get in the summer?
    Kelly913

Answer by Kelly913 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Arid, I dont sweat as much as when i i am in a humid place.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I have lived my whole life in FL except for the 3 years that I lived in the desert of CO.......While I was in CO it was so darn dry that the whole inside of my nose turned into a giant scab (I know TMI). I had to keep putting vaseline up my nose to try to soothe it. I spent so much money on chapstick that I wish I owned stock in the company and I had the itchiest skin ever. So after enduring 3 years of pure torture we came back to FL where I am happily sweating.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• Much rather live in arid, I live in humid, its horrible. Your hair won't won't hold a curl, bread is stale in 3 days, salt sticks in the salt shaker, the floors take 2 hours to dry after mopping them.
    Macysheryl

Answer by Macysheryl at 9:56 AM on Oct. 28, 2009