I cannot get my 9month old daughter to eat please help!

My daughter will be 9months next week. When I first started solid foods she ate everything, peas, carrots, squash y0u name it. When I felt she was ready for junior food (more chuncky food) I gave it to her and she hated it. The doctor told me to keep giving it to her everyday, i did but she refused to eat! So being a worried mom scared she was going to starve I went back to strained food. All was good for a few weeks, but then she began to refuse it. Shaking her head, swatting my hand. locking her gums so tight! So i figured well at least i have the rice cereal. Now she's refusing that and fruit!!!! The only thing she will eat willingly is mum-mums and toast. I even try letting her hold the spoon and she still refuses. I've given her cut up veggies but she wont take it. I dont know what to do, is this a phase, is this because maybe her teeth are coming in? The doctor said to keep insisting, but how if she refuses?

LeahsMama

Asked by LeahsMama at 10:36 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She can survive on formula or breast milk alone up until 12 months...you still have time...she will not starve...just keep offering
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• its a phase my childwent through it keep trying but dont get mad when she refuses my doctor told me that he will eat when he is ready to. If you are worried about the nutriton by some nutrpals or gerber makes a nutrtion drink its like milk doesnt taste bad just give her one ofthose until she gets passed the phase
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• It gets tiring but keep trying. Even if you go back to Stage 2 or whatever atleast she will be eating. My baby went through this. I just had to keep offering food like every hour or so. Good luck...and remember if she's hungry she will eat it. She won't starve.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• She's fine on just formula. I wouldn't push it. She'll eat eventually.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:06 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I agee with PP she is fine on formula or BM alone. Offer a variety of nutrient rich food and if she doesn't eat she doesn't eat, don't give into her and cater to her likes only. Giving in now to her only liking carbs or sweet foods will give you a picky eater and more problems down the road.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 1:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2009