Any good prop ideas for outside pictures for Christmas?

It's a beautiful day out today. So I'm thinking of getting everyone dressed up and going outside for Christmas pictures. The foliage is changing, my yard looks great.
What do you do for Christams picture cards?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 10:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i looked online to get visuals of other pics. My favorites are the playful ones where the kids are in treehouses or older kid or dad is piggybacking a younger child. just search around and get some visuals.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• if you have some large boxes and wrapping paper, you can make it look like gifts. If you have a big pine tree, that would be pretty neat. Also, if you have a baby/toddler, you can wrap a box, leaving it open and sit the child inside the box, it's cute.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• If you open my profile and look at my profile pic...that was my last yrs christmas card but we are only 2 people lol so it wouldnt work for a big family.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• we are country people so i try to find something outdoorsy. one year we did a long white picket fence with red shirts and blue jeans. one year we did brown and gold shirts barefoot on the dock by the lake. this year we did the kids on a huge antique red tractor my neighbor owns. they didn't come out very good though, so we may have to remake them. the best one we ever did was green sweaters in front of the cypress planks of our barn near a whiskey barrel.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:47 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I just use a great picture from the year. I don't like posed, forced christmasy pictures. I would take them outside and let them play in the leaves. Zoom in close on their faces.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I agree mompam, I hate posed pictures. I hate it when a photographer says "say Cheeeeese"! Their smile comes out all forced! LOL...
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:00 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I wait for snow & usally set around our front porch with the dog.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 11:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• We usually sit them in front of the Christmas tree.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• christmas sleigh sitting down
    in front of a snowman
    have your daughter hold up a snowball while in a box
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2009