Last year I spent $272 on Christmas pics...this year I'm taking them myself!

Then ordering them through Walmart for .33 cents each! That's around $16.00 for 50 cards!
How much do you spend on Christmas pics?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 10:56 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always take them myself. I used to go to the mall and have them done, but I was never really happy. Now, all year I keep in mind that I need a great one for our cards. Whenever I have a camera and the 3 kids together I take a few. This year I took it on the beach in the summer. It's really great. I made our cards at Shutterfly and ordered them yesterday. I spent $70 on 75 cards. I had free shipping and free 25 cards if you buy 50. I also had 20% off.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:01 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I did the walmart ones last year. I also use the walmart cards for birthday party thank yous. One year I took pic of all kids behind cake table, another year i took a pic of all girls together in their jammies. Their is no min. order at walmart so for about $3 i had a cute thank you and in the typed part it just said Thank you for celebrating my bday with me and my dd's name. The kids loved a keepsake from the party! Just FYI...
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• ria7...i love your profile pic!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I also did the walmart greeting card thing for the past 3 Christmases. And I will most likely do it this year too. It works out great and it's inexpensive. I used to always get my 4 yo old's pics professionally done, (at JCPenney or Sears) then when I had my 14 mo old, that was out of the question. We just recently had our family pics done at walmart's portrait studio and they came out fab!
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I never spend over $100.00 & also get some done at Walmart.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 11:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• We also take our own. My SIL works for a printing company so she does ours on the side!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:38 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I've taken my own for years. I buy Kodak picture paper and print them out myself too. It's a bit more time consuming, but it saves me a little more money and I actually kind of have fun with it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I used to go to JC Penneys. They had a coupon for 50% off on the Entertainment Books. I am not sure if they have one this year. But he is so big I really do not want to do that anymore. There are some moms that still send some of their much older children. It is something I look forward to getting in the mail.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2009