How long after learning to pull up did your baby walk?

My son just turned 7 months old and he is pulling up and standing while holding on with one hand all the time. Sometimes he will let go and stand for a long time, then he'll fall on his butt.He will also hold on and walk around my couch and ottoman. How long after doing these things did your child begin walking?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 11:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter started pulling up around 5 or 6 mos. (can't remember which one). She started walking at 8 mos. old.
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 11:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My son was a furniture walker, he held onto the furniture and walked around the room but only where there was something to hold on to, at about 7 or 8 months I think. He didn't walk on his own though until right before he turned one year old. DH and I finally stood him up between us and then he walked from me to his daddy and back again. He didn't crawl or furniture walk after that.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My son started pulling up and walking along the couch at 8 months. He didn't walk alone until 12-13 months.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My son started pulling up at 10 months and walked at 14 months.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My son started pulling up right after he learned how to crawl at 7mos. Then he'd stand by himself, just like your baby, and then fall on his butt. Next he furtinture walked, or "cruised". He's did that for a few months...it took him longer than I thought to take his first steps, and those were baby steps, then he could stand up by himself in the middle of the floor and stand or take a few steps. He's been really taking to walking now since he was 10.5 months. He hasn't COMPLETELY mastered it yet, but he walks a lot more than he crawls now.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My daughter was pulling up and crusin by 6-7 months but didn't start walking until 11 months. She didn't seem all that interested in it since she could crawl so fast. Then one day me and a friend were sitting on the floor a couple of feet away from each other facing one another and tried to get my daughter to walk to the other. She took about 5 steps by herself. I thought she would be all over the place after that but it wasn't until about a week or so later we tried it again and she took those steps again without a stumble. It was history after that. I think it really hit her that she could reach more stuff if she got around on her feet. Now she is all over the place
    lilcarly

Answer by lilcarly at 1:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2009