Help Please!

I think I turned my 7 month old dd into a brat! She was sick for a lil over a week so I gave her extra very special attention, ya know... coddled her so to say.... poor thing couldn't even breathe out her nose.... now she's feeling better and crying n whining whenever she doesn't get her way and it's taking about an hour and a half to nurse her and caress her to sleep at night whereas, before she was sick she would get nursed and put down still awake and fall alseep on her own.... my husband says I turned her into a spoiled brat... however, some say you can't spoil a baby! which is it? and whaT do i do to reverse this behavior? she used to be a content baby.... (also, she is teething, think she'll go back to normal when it's all over? i dunno... it's her 4th tooth and she never acted like this before)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies' bodies change all the time, their bodies are as unpredictable as older children and adults - think how long you've been around and how you're body doesn't run by any book. Same thing with kids.

Keep with baby's routine before she got sick and be consistent. As more and more teeth come in she'll keep getting cranky from that. Plus when she was sick she saw how extra attentive you were to here and she loved it, wants more now.

A person who's sick with a virus or flu, infection isn't spoiled. They're sick. Sounds like your husband needs to be more involved in her sick care along with healthy care. You deserve sleep while she's sick and healthy. Let daddy daughter bonding begin. Nurture yourself too mommy.

But clinging is normal. Just keep to a routine, try putting a while noise machine in babies room to help soothe here. My son actually used to love the instrumental Pachebel Canon, it was very soothing to him.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:28 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• It takes 3 days to make or break a habit. You made a habit that you now have to break if you want it to change.

But there's a difference between creating a habit and spoiling a child.
    Anonymous