has anyone had problems when the doctor used the doppler :[

has anyone experienced an ultrasound where the babys heartbeat was really strong and than i went back to a doctors appointment and they couldnt hear the babys heartbeat with the doppler, i was 10 or 11 weeks when they used thee doppler

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes the baby moves around in there alot. Totally normal.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• It can be hard to pick up the heartbeat with a doppler early in pregnancy. My MW couldnt find my babys heartbeat at like 11w and he said not to worry because at that point you pick it up only about 1/2 the time. I'm not sure if that's true or he just said it to make me feel better. But i'm now 28 wks and my baby is doing great!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i went to the dr monday and was 14wks and a few days..the dr tried for like 10min to find a heartbeat and could not..so we done a u/s and there is was beautiful little beating at 150..im thinkin mine might be weight related or either the lil monster was hidden well lol
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I went to my 14wk 3 day check up yesterday and doc tried for a good while to find baby's heart beat with no luck. Hubby and I saw baby at 7wks and heartbeat was ticking away @173bpm. Doc got a few bits of it on doppler at 10wks 3days but nada on 14wks 3days. Im a bit paranoid that something is wrong as my husband and I lost our first child last year. Am I totally normal to be this paranoid?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Dec. 22, 2009