How do you feel about the H1N1 vaccine?

I'm up in the air about having my 9 month old daughter get the H1N1 vaccine and would just appreciate some feed back!! Her pediatrician highly reccomends it and is giving it to his children, but I need some "Mom" input on this one!

JBeals

Asked by JBeals at 11:25 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I feel frustrated that OUR pediatrician recommends it but won't have it any time soon! ARRGH! As if we Mamas don't have enough to worry about! They freak us out about it w/all the media coverage etc but yet once we make the decision to get it, we can't (yet)! Thanks for the vent!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My kids ped told me that the seasonal flu shot is just as effective against the H1N1 virus. We are only getting the seasonal shot. I don't think enough research has been done yet. My family has all had the swine flu this year too by the way and it didn't feel any different from seasonal flu. We haven't gotten our shots yet because everytime I go with the kids they are out.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• too new... not enough research or experience with long term side effects.... I don't allow my dd to get any shot that is still considered new or experimental... she will not even be getting the roto virus vaccine or the regular flu shot thank you... I'm a SAHM and she is not in day care or exposed to many situations where she can catch something so I feel I am making the best decision fo rmy child
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I talked to my doctor yesterday about this and he just had the vaccine and he will be getting it for his daughter too. I asked about the side affects and newness of the vaccine. He told me that the H1N1 is made the same way the regular flu vaccine and the affects are the same as the regular flu. It is not an experimental vaccine, just a different strain of the flu that is affecting a lot of kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My son has medical issues and is considered very high risk for complications from both the regular flu and H1N1 so he will be getting both vaccines. He is at greater risk from the flu than the vaccines.
    Anonymous

• Go here and do some studyin :)
    http://www.nvic.org/Vaccines-and-Diseases/H1N1-SWINE-FLU.aspx
    Not getting it.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I feel worried either way, I did a lot of thinking and researching, and finally decided to get it for me & dd.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 5:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• when we can find it we will get it.
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 8:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2009