Does anyone know of some really good baby shower games?

I am helping with my sister's baby shower that's this weekend... I am so excited to be an aunt in January :)

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • one game that was new to me on my baby shower was this...my SIL's did it....you take cheapo diapers and you put on like ketchup on one and bbq sauce on another...you make up your own stuff to put in the diapers such as that and then you have your guests smell them and guess what it is and write it on the paper but make sure you number them so you know how you got it right
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Number one thing I reccomend if it's not too late to write on the invitations, and if it is call everyone and tell them that you will be having a diaper raffle! Everyone that brings diapers (of any size) will be entered in a raffle... My mom did this for my baby shower and I still have not had to buy diapers and my dd is 7 months old! (I had a lot of size 1s, but I just exchange them for the size that I need when she's out, and i either get a pack with a little less in it or pay a couple bucks difference... most stores, walmart, babies r us, etc. will do the exchange) She offered 3 prizes each were a basket with a 25-50 dollar resturaunt gift certificate, a yankee candle, and glade plug-ins or something like that.... they were really nice prizes.... and it is soooooo worth it for the parents to be!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• guess how many blue items are in this jar or pink, whatever it is that she's having...
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• another fun game (i like games that help the parents out with supplies in the long run.... fun and functional) is buy a crap load of socks (all different sizes) and tape an envelope with one sock in it underneth every chair at the party then when it's time to play the game every one has to grab their sock and find the person with the matching sock... whoever finds their match first... those 2 people get a prize! and at the end everyone turns in their socks to the parents for the baby (you can never have too many baby socks!)
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• there was some writing guessing games like crosswords that we did but some people are more quicker then others and smarter...i didnt like that very much lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• if someone says "baby" they have to wear something rediculous...whether its a party hat or a flashing pin or something but everyone has to be a tattle tal-er... they hear the word "baby" you get tattled on lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• We did a variation of the game American suggested, where we all had 2 diaper pins and if you said "baby" the first person to notice got your pin and the one with the most pin's at the end won a prize. My sister also made up an arrangement of baby items on a cookie sheet and brought it out. Uncovered it for a min then covered it back up and everyone had to write down what was on it, the person with the most right answers won. The other thing she did that was really neat was she had every guest put their mailing address on an envelope so all I had to do was write the thank you note and mail. It made it so much easier.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• first thing that comes to mind is "guess who's the father"? (just kidding,kinda) i always liked the dirty diaper game, where you put mustard on one piece of cloth shaped like a diaper and the one who gets it has to do what the host asks, kind of like kiss and tell
    peewee76

Answer by peewee76 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Thanks for all your great baby shower game suggestions... very helpful indeed :)
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2009