yeast infection? TMI

I asked lastnight but it was late and I didn't get many answers

So, plain and simple my hooha smells like onions. It hasn't really been irritated but I'm thinking yeast infection. Even after I wash good it still smells weird.

I know it's not an STD. Do you think it's a yeast infection or I just need to douch(I know you aren't supposed to but it makes me smell like flowers! and I've only done it twice before)

I was on antibiotics recently, that's why I think it might be a yeast infection. I only have had 1 before, while I was pregnant, and I didn't pay much attention to it (symptom wise) so I don't really know what it's like.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• im going through the same thing right now. it could be the beginning stages of a Y.I. if your unsure see your gyno, she'll be able to tell you for sure what it is; or you can try to be preventative and use some monistat now. there is also a kit made by vagisal, its a Y.I. screening kit and it works, i recommend it. if you treat yourself and it doesnt clear up definately go see your doc.
    GMCilu

Answer by GMCilu at 11:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2009

• This may be tmi but if I eat too many onions, that happens to me (also garlic). I have had three Y.I.'s and they didn't smell like that at all (in fact they never really smelled at all that I noticed) I would look for other sx's like itching/burning and funky discharge.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i would ask your gyno, i wasnt sure if i had one, so at one of my check ups she did a little test thing and stuff and it turned out i had one even though i didnt really have any symptoms, she gave me something to clear it up and i have been good!
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Get a check up. Antibiotics can give some women a YI, but not all. Onion smell is not usually associated with YI's. You may have a different kind of infection going on. You may want to call the doctor.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2009