Did you ever have to have a fuel pump replaced?

We replaced a sensor and that cost enough! Now its looking like its a fuel pump! Not Good! To have to have the tank dropped then installed. Not to mention what it costs! For a '99 Dodge Intrepid, 2.7. How did yours go?? Waiting for the tech./mechanic to call us back.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 11:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Travel

• that's the 4th dodge from that era that I know of that has had that problem. My fathers 95 pickup had to have one, my mothers 98 durango, and then my fathers 01 ram. All of them were fixed within a day or two, but they ALWAYS find something else when they are doing it. Make sure it is a reputable shop or dealership that will call you first and won't just do the extra work then try to bill you for it.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• yup! Maybe you can find a friend that could do it cheaper on the side than at a dealer or shop. we do that sometimes. we also buy rebuilt parts, they are less. Good luck. two things I can't live without car or internet
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2009