When did you announce your pregnancy?

We are 12 weeks pregnant today. We dont see the doctor agan till Nov 5th. We will be at 14 weeks by then. I have had a normal pregnancy so far with no complications. I want to tell people but I guess I feel I need that next appointment. Any thoughts? When did you announce your happy news?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i told everyone after my 1st trimester.
    GMCilu

Answer by GMCilu at 12:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I told everyone right away! I think I was 8 weeks. I was too excited to hold it in. Plus I had people bugging me if I was pregnant all the time. Congrats by the way.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• we are planning to tell our family before our appt, which will be around 10 weeks. we are going to tell family around 8 weeks. at this point, your risk of miscarriage is very low so if it were me i would go ahead and tell the world. but if you want to wait, that's fine too.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i waited a few days then calculated that i was like 3months, so i told my family and my boss (kinda important for my boss to know b/c of my job) and some people were listening and then told ALL of my co workers (when i wasnt ready to tell them)...so like everyone found out right away
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• with my first i waited the 12 weeks, with the other 2 i told as soon as i had a positive test lol. i told my dad right away though and my sister
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• With my 1st I was 15 weeks and with this one I told my cousin and best friend the day I found out which was the day I was supposed to start but got a positive HPT and told the rest of the family and my boss later that week. I was too excited to wait!
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I was 6wks when we found out by HPT. So we told close friends and our parents. We saw my OB for our first appt when I was 9wks. After we found out everything looked good and seemed pretty "normal", we told the rest of our friends and family.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• 4-5 weeks with the first and 17 weeks with the 2nd.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• With our first we told everyone right away and I had a m/c (I was 11 weeks, had an appt at 10 weeks and they couldn't find a heart beat but said that was normal). With my second, we waited until after our first appt. and hearing a heart beat and then told (I was 11 weeks) With my third pregnancy we told everyone around 8 weeks because I was already breaking out the maternity clothes. With my fourth we were going to wait until our doctor's appt but the doctor's office kept changing it on me so we told everyone around 11 weeks as well.
    Anonymous

• I was about 17 weeks. I was showing bad and had to tell everyone lol
    seraphinalynn

Answer by seraphinalynn at 6:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2009