What should i do about my daughters hairiness ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Hairy arms? legs? unibrow?? If its a unibrow i'd wax it. I wax my daughters and she is 3. Just the middle part, its pretty bad if i dont! It's as thick as her thick eyebrows!! She will end up waxing it anyways when she gets older. My sister didnt do her daughters bcuz she said it was wrong and that poor girl got picked on and called uni!! Not gonna happen to my daughter!! I just stick a little wax strip between her eyes once a month and the hair is gone!! If she has hair on her body, back and arms that is ok. My Bella is hairy on her back arms and things.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Unless she is hairy like this... I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Photobucket
    If her legs are hairy let her shave them. Unibrow? Only if she feels like she needs to groom them, then should you help her figure it out. But I would not push it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• well depending on her age, let her shave what needs to be shaved, or like said above, wax the uni! i started shaving when i was 10...so yeah, i didnt like being hairy, made me feel uncomfortable
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• OMG!!! Nathskitten...WOW lol i know its not funny, but wow lol yeah....
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Hairy arms? Just deal with them. Legs? Allow her to shave if you feel she is of age. I personally think 12 is a good time to allow them to if needed. Eye-brows? I agree to wax them if that's what she wants.
    Anonymous

• How old exactly is she? I can relate, I used to get called monkey arms, and cut my self up trying to hide shaving them from my Mom. If it bothers her you can have waxing or light therapy done, the light works best on very dark hair and is expensive. Neet and Nair are options as well, take it from some one who has hairy legs, eyebrows, bikini line and arms, she might as well learn how to operate razors and tweezers now! Good luck Mom--no more monkey arms!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• If she has hairy legs and underarms, let her shave. As for arms, there is not much that can be done.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Well, whatever you do, try not to make her feel self-conscious about it. Reassure her that she can deal with each aspect of her hairiness individually. Depending on her age, and level of hairiness I would let her shave her legs and underarms...electric razor if you are afraid of her getting cut. Take her to an eyebrow waxing place and have her eyebrows waxed. It is amazing what a difference it makes! And, if her arms are really hairy, I wouldn't have a problem with waxing or shaving them---no the hair doesn't grow back thicker, it grows back the same as it always was. I would let her address the issues she is uncomfortable with because there are easy solutions and why let her suffer?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:56 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• the perfect solution if you dont want her shaving would be veet! my sd is a freakin gorilla in places and it gross's me out under her arms is so nasty...and she just wanted to do her legs too..well i bought her some and she liked it..this summer she had a two piece bathing suit and seriously needed some grooming and i told her to put veet on it and well there ya go smooth as a babys butt..my sd is 12 and i wouldnt dare turn her loose with a razor still not enough common sense there yet lol
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 6:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Well if her legs are hairy and she is about 11-12 let her shave. If she isn't around that age I would suggest trying veet. If its her eyebrows, wax them. If you can't wax them yourself you can get them done at most hair salons for about $5 or less. I've waxed dd's for her since she was about 13. Before that they were getting bushy but I didn't mention it. Then she asked me to wax them and I have been ever since. Good luck.
    momof21993

Answer by momof21993 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2009