H1N1 Vaccine did you get it? Any side effects?

Ok I'm sure this has been asked like a million and one times. But has anyone gotten this vaccine either for themselfs or children? I wasn't going to originally get it for my daughter but after seeing the news today Illinois is one of the most effected states, plus I live in St. Charles and our local High School was shut down because 90% of the high school kids being sick due to the Swine Flu. So I am really considering it since my daughter is 11 months. Has anyone heard of any side effects? I looked online but couldn't find anything about someone having a bad side effect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a 2 month old. Obviously she won't be getting it, but both my husband and I will be once it's available in our area, which it isn't at the moment. On the CDC website, it says there is a preservative (Mercury) free version for pregnant women and small children.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My hubby and I choose against it, along with other flu vaccines. Why....because you just don't know long term affects. I am a SAHM though, so don't worry about day care and germs. My husband found in some research that there are preservatives in it and that can be linked to autism and other problems down the road. My best friend and her 10 year old daughter have it right now, and it is just a really bad flu. Congestion problems and such. Hard decision though.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2009