What would you think if you found out that one of your friends had committed murder?

Most of my friends know about my background in drugs and gangs. They know that I have served time and that I have changed.
They don't know what all of my crimes were, or the details. They do know that there were crimes I committed that I was never caught for.
Yes, there were some in self defense.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "some" ? Are you saying you've killed several people?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You're saying you killed people before? If my friend committed murder in self-defense, that would not change me perspective on them. If they killed people for the mere fact that they liked to, or they have revenge issues, and resorted to drastic measures such as killing someone, I'd probably not be their friend for safety reasons.
    Anonymous

• I meant to say...."that would not change MY perspective on them." Sorry.

Anonymous

• ditto to 1232 and def staying anon on this post!
    Anonymous

• Murder & self defense are 2 different things. Murder is usually planned, filled with hate for that person. Self defense leaves you no other option. So which is it?
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Sorry, but if I found out one of my friends killed several people, we wouldn't be friends. Murder is planned, self defense is a different case. I know it sounds bad, but I wouldn't be friends with someone that has a background in drugs and gangs. Also, if I found out that a friend committed a murder and haven't been charged or caught, I would turn their asses in very quickly.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Id feel very angry that they let themselves get to a point where that occurred. Id feel horribly sick and sad for their children especially if they were caught and going to jail for their crime.

They would also know that Id turn them in if they werent caught. That isnt something that should be "gotten away with".
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• It would depend on the circumstances of the murder(s). It may or may not effect our friendship. However, I don't feel that my friends have the obligation of telling me all of their past actions, unless it is likely that those past actions will put me in danger for being with them in the present. If one has moved on from a past in which they felt it was acceptable to harm others, the past is not my business. I am friends with the person they are now, not the person they were years ago.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Of course I would be concerned. If it was something I had heard about through the grapevine and knew my friend had a troubled past I would probably tell them that I heard something that concerned me and that I was open to talk or listen if they wanted to. I would like to think that I wouldn't turn my back on a friend because of their past. People do change.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 1:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• It would certainly change my perspective of that friend. I would want to know the circumstances behind the crime. I also would look at where they are now and where they're going, as compared to where they've been. If there's been a clear change, then they would remain my friend. If not, then we would be parting ways.
    Jewelzgirl

Answer by Jewelzgirl at 1:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2009