why is he waking up at night??

my 2 1/2 yr old son has been waking up the past 2 nights.. he's not sick though, thats the whole problem. i have no idea why he's doing this. he wakes up calling mommy, then i go up there and give him some water if he asks for it and he falls right back asleep. sometimes he wakes up more than once. i don't really understand whats going on here. advice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Dreams? Anything new going on his life?
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Has the weather changed in your area? Our heater fan kicks on and off at night, and sometimes it will wake me up. Does he sleep under the vent?
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Could be having nightmares. Also maybe nieghbors are being loud? I had a neighbor that got up for work around 3am and would beep his car alarm which would wake my girls up. Took me a few nights to figure that one out. We even had drunk fools knocking on our window before.
    Anonymous

• Try waiting longer before going to him. My son (also 2 1/2) does this occaisionally as well and often will resettle himself if I don't go in. He'll go for weeks without waking up then do it a few nights in a row. My rule of thumb is to not go into his room if he isn't crying.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• my son is turning 2 in 2 weeks and is doing this too - although he has a cold and GOD I HOPE his 2 year molars are coming in so we can FINALLY get rid of the teething pain..... I don't know,. I walk in his room and he picks up his blanket and puppy and says SLeep in mommys room, which he's done 3 times in his life and its been a nightmare so we don't even do it... weird?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2009