• In the Spotlight:

Answer: 'Mind you own business' Really ?

Why is that if anyone ask a question that is about something that they are just curious about or interested in other opinions on the answer is always 'none of your business...' Unless it's about whether or not the child across the street is being abused then all of the sudden it's okay to ask for opinions... What is wrong with asking for other opinions about circumstances (anything) for the sake of seeing if your opinion is the more common one or if you opinion is in the less popular side of it. Why do people throw around what is and is not your business. This section is for asking questions. Almost all of the questions are purley opinion anyway... What is wrong with asking a question for that purpose alone? Why don't all of the 'mind your own business' people just mind there own business. lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• It's a stupid saying giving this is Cafemom.
    Anonymous

• Does it matter who's business it is? If it is a question then it should be answered. What on Earth does it hurt to give your opinion. If your opinion is that you don't care about whatever it is then there ya go. THAT is your answer. Should people be able to buy junk food with Food Stamps? That is an opinion question. Maybe a small debate even. not bashin anyone just a question of personal belief on a given subject.My answer would be. Yes even people on food stamps have the right to buy 'fun' stuff to have around the house. Beside regualting what you can and can not buy would be a legistical nighmare. Your opion may be 'It doesn't bother me either way since it doesn't affect me' or theree is always the option to skip the question all togther. Every one has the right to ask questions. You are given the choice NOT to answer one if you don't like it.
    Anonymous

• I have to agree that the "Mind your own Business" answer is over used. Just because someone asks a question about "public assistance"or "unusual neighbor behavior" or "problems their child's friend is having" does not mean they are going to run to the authorities about the situation. Granted, there are many things in the world that are none of my business, but that doesn't mean I don't have a right to be informed, educated or opinionated about the topic.

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 12:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I have to agree with the PP. It is no ones business if the woman in line at the grocery store has her nails and hair done and is sliding a FS card for a Pizza and soda but that seems to be what the majoraty of people on here want to talk about. I agree that when someone comes here to pass judgment on everyone, even total strangers, then it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! I hate it when others say its ok to judge someone you saw in the grocery store or on the street corner for 2 seconds. A lot of the things posted about here are just simply none of no ones business it is just a way for bored women to pass judgment and have other bored women tell her it is ok to do so.

*****************

BINGO! I love this answer!! :-)
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I have to agree with some of the PP's. There are times when "mind your own business "is merited. Like judging a woman using a FS card that obviously has nice things (designer purse, mani/pedi, etc). Occasionally I need my mom to help us with shopping. I'll hand her the card to buy our groceries.
    Anonymous

• The only time I use it, is when the person needs to mind their own business.

If you don't know the person-PERSONALLY you need to mind your own business and not judge them.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• JUDGEMENTAL-

IF you are on welfare, you must wear skippy shoes, sweat pants, and your hair and nails should not be done. OMG-get over it.

I see woman with loads of money, and they were old clothes, and drive old cars.

BE YOU AND YOUR OPINION AT LEAST TO ME COUNTS. EVERYONE CONTRIBUTES TO CAFE MOM. Even the mean ones.

BE you
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Because if it's a question about what a neighbor is doing or not doing i.e. a SAHM when her kids are all at school or grown up, then it's none of your business.
    If it's PA and someone is not getting what YOU (not you in general) feel they should then it's also not your business. If someone is on WIC and is buying a case of Coke, then it's also not your business.
    If the question is worded in a way to bash other moms, then "mind your own business" should be a suitable answer.
    Anonymous

Anonymous