WHY are these freaks harming our INNOCENT BABIES?

It truely amazes me how times have changed, the neighborhood I live it has its own elementry school which I attend 15yrs ago, it about a 10min walk from my house and I remember walking home from school either alone but mostly with my next door neighbors kids. Now 15yrs later, I couldnt even think of my son walking home,even though my neighborhood would be considered "middle or uuper class" it still SCARES me that we cant even jog in the park with out carring mace, or worring about our children being kiddnapped and sold into sex slavery thousands of miles away never to be seen again... please tell me im not the only one thinking this way, sometimes I think maybe im being parinoid but it frightens me that kids being kidnapped are becoming aprt of regular news.Im tired of hearing about kids being beat up and killed! and ppl saying well they were in the wrong place at the wong time..NO! THEY ARE WALKING TO AND FROM SCHOOL,THEY ARE

Samantha2174

Asked by Samantha2174 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think you are being paranoid. Bad things have always happened. We just hear about it more now.

Kids that are kidnapped are usually kidnapped by their parents. Women are most likely to be hurt or killed by lovers, ex-lovers, husbands, or ex-husbands.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You're not paranoid. Walking to and from school is not sage anymore. It's easy to call someone paranoid when one does not have small children at home.
    Anonymous

• *safe*
    Anonymous

• What's interesting is the people who will tell you that you are being paranoid are the same people who say "Well that child should not have been walking to school with only other kids their age, that mother should have BEEN THERE!" when they hear a story on the news about a child being kidnapped on the way to or from school. You do what you feel like you have to do to keep your babies safe, paranoid or not at least you know you're doing everything you can.
    Anonymous

• I rather be paranoid than grieving over a lost family member.
    AMom29

Answer by AMom29 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Its not paranoid. These pedophiles ARE more prevalent and they have more ways (Internet) to get together with fellow sickos and believe what they think is true. I find the "you are paranoid and should let your children do what YOU did as a child" an interesting one. I would rather be safe then wrong. If being "paranoid" and keeping a closer eye on my kids at family functions where extended relatives I dont know well are and NOT letting my kids walk to school when I KNOW where the pedophiles live along the way, makes me a crazy mom....then so be it. I understand what you are saying OP. The world is a LARGER place then it was. Quick access to highways and getaways is different then it was.....because the roads weren't there too. The you are paranoid your poor children response is a little simplistic AND naive. But once again, I would rather be SAFE (and paranoid) with my kids...then sorry.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Am I stupid enough to believe my way is fool proof...no. But every little bit helps.
    momof030404

• My kids are nearly grown and I am still a paranoid parent. Nothing is wrong with doing everything you can to protect your children.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Hind sight is always 20 20
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• 15 years ago? things have NOT changed. Polly Klaus was taken out her own bedroom window in 1993 in a "safe", quiet little town.

there have ALWAYS been such monsters around.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2009