my 11 month old weighs 20 pounds is that normal?

i feel like hes to thin but he eats just fine in my opinion anyways!

michele101183

Asked by michele101183 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds normal to me...my 16 month old weighs 25 pounds....she's in the 50th percentile on her growth chart.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't worry!
    I'd be more worried about his weight in reference to his height. If you've got a shorter baby, of course he'll way less.

My son's a tall one, and he's over 24lbs at just past 11mos.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My daughter is on the small side. She is 13 months and weighs 20.6 lbs. She is right at the average line. People always say she looks small and when I see her next to other babies her age I think that she is really small, but her doc says she is prefectly healthy and right on tract for her. Let your doc know if you are worried and he/she will let you know if there is a problem or not. Don't worry about what other moms tell you and don't compare your baby to others. You and your doc know your child best so the only people that can answer your question are those two people =)
    lilcarly

Answer by lilcarly at 1:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• it is normal, lol my son weight 20lbs at that time the dr. said he is too fat for his age but he is skinny cause he is long lol so yea through out the whole time he was an infant to then (we switched pediatricians) he kept saying that he is too over weight
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My daughter is 11 mths to and she weights 21 lbs she is long 90 percent taller then most babys her age the dr told me that mine was under weight for her height and said if I could just feed her a little more but if my daughter dosnt want to ear then she dosnt and my daughter is a pig she will eat anything and everything she is a real good eater so I dont force her I think she is perfect.
    Anonymous

• every child is different, as long as the bbay is heatlthy and hitting all milestones dont worry. my dd was 20 lbs at 6 mts and my ds was 20 lns at 7 mts.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My 14 month old is 20lbs... but they say she's fine!
    seraphinalynn

Answer by seraphinalynn at 6:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2009