i think my month old baby has gas but im not sure, she just would not stop crying and i did everything i could do

miss_ashley225

Asked by miss_ashley225 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-1 Credits)
  • could be colic- call the Dr.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• no i dont think its colic ...how can i tell if its gas? and if she has gas what do i do?
    miss_ashley225

Answer by miss_ashley225 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My daughter was colicy when she was about 2 months old until she was about 4 months. It was the hardest time of my life. She would cry for hours. She would let up a little bit if I held her tight while I was standing and bounced up and down and say shhhhhhh with every bounce. I gave her mylcon all the time, drove around in the car, played soft music, etc. Anything I could think of. I know this isn't going to be helpful, but if she is colic, all you can do is try to comfort her the best you can and remember it will pass. And don't be worried about letting someone else try too. I had a hard time with that because I felt bad for asking or just letting someone else help soothe her so I could take a break. I guess I thought I would be a burden on them, but now that i look back I see they wanted to help because they cared bot because I was a burden. Good luck
    lilcarly

Answer by lilcarly at 1:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• gas drops. i used fold a receiving blanket into like a long rectangle shape and wrap it tightly around her belly,not tight enough to hurt her but just to snuggle her in there it helped my mom told me to do it and it worked. and i used to hold her in my arms with her face down her head on one arm and her belly in my hands and bounce her that helped too. or i would take her legs and gently push them up like in a squatting position while she was laying on her back and stretch them out again and repeat and id play with her like that for a while making noises and faces to distract her...thats all i got hope you figure something out

Anonymous

• My friend is a massage therapist and did a class on infant massage. You can run your fingers over their bellies, in a clock wise motion. Start at the belly button and make an outward circle. Not a hard massage, just runnning fingers over their skin. This promotes healthy digestion. Can also try the mylicon, walmart makes a cheaper generic version of it. Or there is Gripe Water. Find that at health food stores, or on line, it's a natural remedy with ginger and fennel. It's pricey but works with gas, hiccups, teething. My best friend recommended it to me and it worked well with my first son....second baby is only 2 weeks now. Baby's Bliss Gripe Water. Also could try to see if she has more than one burp in there after feedings.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• they have gripe water for tummy issues/colci, mylecon drops for gas, you can take the baby, turn them on their tummy and put her over your knee's and rock your legs back and forth or hold her like a football and bounce a bit while walking. do they leg rock or bicycle with the legs.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2009