What do you serve your kids for dinner?

A 2 week menu or one week menu whatever you can give,thanks.Have you ever given them kids cuisines or have they always were fed your food,since babies?We used to eat out alot so mine are used to eating chicken nuggets and french fries.So I 'd have to start slow to break that habit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Mine are older now, but they've always eaten pretty much what I cooked for hubby and me. Try making healthier homemade chicken nuggets from chicken breasts, cut them in chunks, dip them in egg white, then in bread crumbs, spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, and spray the nuggets with cooking spray, and bake for 25-35 minutes. Make oven fries to go with them (yam fries are my favorite).

This is a typical menu before I started my "eating clean" plan:

Mon- Salisbury Steak, Mashed Potatoes, green beans, dinner rolls
    Tues.- Oven fried chicken, Oven Fries, Corn,
    Wed- Navy Bean Soup, Cornbread
    Thurs- Tuna Casserole (all my boys loved this)
    Fri- Homemade Pizza
    Sat- Chicken Stir Fry, Steamed Rice, Cream Cheese Wontons
    Sun- Crockpot Pork Dip Sandwiches, Baked Potatoes, Salad

Sometimes I make a baked potato bar, and the kids like to top their own, really anything they get choices for.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Mon- Spaghetti and salad, I use whole grain noodles, and make my own sauce
    Tues- BLT's, whole grain bread is a must
    Wed- Taco's, lots of veggies and you can use ground lean beef or chicken or turkey
    Thurs- Stir fry, I use frozen stir fry veggies and organic rice
    Fri- pizza, again whole grain dough and lots of veggies
    Sat- Veg soup, if you want meat in it use lean beef or ground turkey
    Sun- Fried Chicken, or a Roast with veggies, I make an early dinner so we aren't eating so heavy before bed.
    I don't do anything frozen unless it's veggies, and I steam them. We don't eat fast food unless it's Subway, and that's on nights that we have a busy schedule. It's easy to break the habit, and so much better for you and your family. GL Hope I answered your question. If you want any recipes send me a message.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• my son is a yr. old and he eats whatever i make for dinner lol this boy eats anything and everything and is still so skinny
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• They eat what I fix for dinner and are not picky at all. I am not a short order cook so I don't make them something special. They can eat what I have prepared or go hungry.
    Anonymous

• I have an amazingly short attention span, so no two week's worth of menus has ever looked like any other 2 weeks' worth, in my kids' whole lives.

I cook what I feel like cooking, and have a massive number of condiments and spices available all the time, so I can. We eat Indian, Chinese, Japanes, Korean, Ethiopian, Greek, Italian, French, Mexican, Thai, Spanish, Moroccan... regularly, all of them. So my kids grew up thinking it was 'normal' to eat roti and cesear salad, stir-fried chipolte rice, teyriaki chicken with viccisiose, gazpacho with moussaka. And, they eat pretty much anything, because it's all familiar flavours to them.

When I was a kid my mom used to make 'like it or lump it' for dinner...

Whatever is 'normal' for you to eat, is normal for your kids to eat. Nowhere else in the world is there 'kid' food, separate from 'real' food.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My kids eat whatever I make for dinner. I make regular meals, anything from spaghetti to tacos to meatloaf. Every now and then we do have chicken nuggets or kid cuisine, but that is rare. I generally cook from scratch, my kids seem to do better with foods that aren't processed or have a lot of preservatives or whatever in them. Plus, I enjoy cooking.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Depends on my mood. Last night I made baked mac and cheese with onion and smoked sausage (made lots so there is leftovers). The night before my dad made his barely beef soup. Before that we had meatloaf, dill potatoes and veggies.

And, yeah, they occasionally get kid cuisines. It's a big treat (maybe a few times a year). they also have chicken nuggets and baked fries or fish sticks, hot dogs, etc. It just depends on what I feel like cooking or what I have a taste for (I made meatloaf because I wanted it).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• We don't go out to eat nor do we eat processed foods too often, it's very, very rare when we do since it's more expensive and not so healthy to do so.

Last night I made stuffed peppers, night before lasagna and night before that orange chicken. Tonight we're having spaghetti/garlic bread and tomorrow will be leftover night. I pre-plan our meals for the month and then we go shopping twice a month for what's needed. I'm lucky, my husband and kids love what I fix them and I know how to cook/bake a lot of different types of meals.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 4:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• It all depends on the activities of that day/night. It can range from fast food to home made mac and cheese. I make very simple meals that I know my son will eat. He does eat things like pizza rolls, lunchables and tv dinners, especially when he has a double header baseball game and we are at the diamond from 4:30-9:30 at night.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• He eats what I make, and surprisingly has eaten and liked some things I made that even I wasn't sure I was going to like. Sometimes we just do hot dogs or hamburgers, but often I do full meals in the crockpot in the form of soups, chicken variations, etc. We do spaghetti, taco salad, soup and salad bar, potato bar night, homemade mac and cheese, stir fry, cheeseburger casserole, sometimes we do sub night, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2009