40 weeks, 3 days.. Who else is overdue?

My doctor has scheduled me to be induced on the 29th.. My mom was born on Halloween, Should I just hold her in and reschedule it for Halloween? Monday will put me at 41 weeks. and then on the 2nd I'd be 42 weeks. I already feel like she is never going to come out.. so why not just plan for the latest?

victoria.mommy

Asked by victoria.mommy at 1:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would hold out until the baby is ready. let baby come when baby is ready
    the avg for first time mom's to go into spontaneous labor is 41 wks and 1 day. that's just an avg. so, many women go longer. and there's no problem w/ going longer.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• OMG do what YOU want !!!
    I am 41 weeks and 6 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My feet are 5 times what they should be since they are swollen and I have heartburn 24/7 the last week and I haven't slept for days .
    1st DD was born at 41 weeks I was induced and she was 9 lbs 11 oz all that happened was I ran a small fever and I tore alittle nothing serious .
    This baby is also a girl and estimated to be 8 lbs at 36 weeks so most likely she will be big as well !
    I would have prefered to get induced at 40/41 weeks I don't like that I will be 42 weeks and 2 days !!!!!!
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 1:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I think it depends on what you want out of your birth experience.
    Because induction adds risks to a healthy mom & baby, unnecessarily inducing would be adding unneeded risks.
    The due date is the mid-point of the 4-week average due period. This estimate is based on the average-- but of course, many women will birth outside of the average, too!
    You can give your baby the chance to come when the time is perfect and not force anything... no matter when that happens! :-)

Congratulations for reaching the mid-point, everyday you're closer to Motherhood!! :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Awwww a halloween baby!!! my grandmother was a halloween baby i love it i get even more sweets lol...wow lol i was scheduled to be induced with my son on wednesday oct. 23 (last yr) my dr.'s appointment was monday and then i had my son on tuesday lol he said he didn't want to be induced he will just comeout from hiding lol i am now 36 wks with my second one, i was not over due with my first i was just contracting for 3wks and nothing happened just REALLY slow dilation so they wanted to induce me... i was 37 wks when my son decided to come out (we celebrated his 1st birthday yesterday) but my husband thinks that by the way i am with this pregnancy i will soon be having this baby at 37wks too! Good luck
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• if it were me and there is no reason to induce which is what it sounds like from your question, i would cancel the appt. and schedule it for like november 5th. :) you will have your baby before then.
    Anonymous