Missing Florida girls body found. Adult content!

I saw on CNN that they identified the body of a missing Florida girl. She was found in a Georgia landfil. I have been thinking, now days with the media and Amber Alerts etc, do you think we are just more aware of who is missing or do you think the number of missing persons and sexual predators has gone up over the years? Do you think there was just as much of this sick crap going on in the past, we just were unaware of it because of lack of technology? People say life was simple in the past, safer..do you believe that? Or do you think it was the same as today, we just were not made aware of it as often? I am so sick of hearing about some piece of crap wasting someone's baby and throwing it away like garbage! It is scary who and what our society has become. I know this subject is not "fun" but we always get more answers here.

salexander

Asked by salexander at 1:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Here is the link btw. http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/22/georgia.landfill.body/
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I think in a way it has gotten worse, but also life was not as safe back then, either ppl were just naieve to the possible situations i guess that saying "it could never happen to me" was more famous back then, than it is today lol i am very and someone extremely protective of my son and neices when i have them with me it is crazy
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• The numbers are the same, the difference is what the media thinks is 'news' today compared to 70 years ago. The statistics for sexual abuse are the same in every age group --a person who is 85 today is as likely to have been a victim as a child as 13yo today was.

When my grandmother was a teen she babysat a little girl who went missing and was never seen again, in a small town in Eastern Canada. Other than police, no one outside the town even knew she was missing, and most people in town didn't know she ever existed --no one talked about it, it did not make the papers and it was considered to be a private tragedy, not 'news.'

I supervised my kids at all times, partly because I know Michael Dunahee's parents well... and because it seemed to me that I could 'hope for the best' or be responsible. I picked 'responsible.'
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I think the media has brought it out more and people are more aware of it then they use to be.I think bad things happened then too, but we didn't have 24hour news attention and Nancy Grace screaming at us all the time.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• It's always gone on. Look at Elizabeth Smart and the other one that they just found.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2009