Are Garden Flags or Decorative Flags better?

Which do you like-
the flag poles that are attatched to the house, or the little ones that stick into the soil? I am thinking of something inexpensive to ask my husband for, this Christmas : ) I like the bigger ones, but not sure where I would put it, not sure if I'd want to drill a hold in the house, and so on.

TXdanielly

Asked by TXdanielly at 1:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• bigger flag you can always put them on the porch if you dont want holes on your house besides if you get the little flags when it rains mud and stuff is going to splash on them
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I prefer the little ones because I can place them where I want with different flags on them. They are easy to move around and the flags are more affordable.
    We used to have a regular flag staff off the front of our porch where we used to live, but the varnish on the wood wore off and the wood cracked, and the metal hook rusted so it was hard to press it open to release the flag. Some places sell the wood rod separately, but they are hard to find without the base attachment. There are a lot of gorgeous large flags, though, even though they are expensive.
    I miss hanging out my large flags, though. I have some really nice ones.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2009