How do I teach a 10 month old to eat!?

My son will be 11 months the 28th of this month he still doesnt know how to feed himself how can I teach him to feed himself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With my daughter what I did was give her finger foods at first then I bought her those suction cup bowls and they really do work great my daughter tried putting her arms around to pull it off still couldnt get it off but then I would give her a spoon at first she could not finger it out she is only 11 mths she turns 1 on the 29 know she knows which end goes in her mth and she knows how to get food on it but when she brings it to her mth it falls off but she will get it. Just take it one thing at a time I let my daughter sit at the table for like 30 mins and I would sit there with her the hole time I would try and feed her with another spoon but she refused so I let her do it all by her self. It may take him a little bit but he will get it soon enough,
    Anonymous

• well, what are you doing now? I would put him food on his tray (suction cup bowls are great) give him a spoon, and then you sit there with a spoon and help him eat,
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• He can eat crackers and puffs but if i try to put any kind of soild food in his mouth he will shake his head but he will eat the jars of baby food
    Anonymous

• I put the plate of food in front of them (or just put the cut-up food on the tray), gave them a baby fork & spoon, and let them have at it. I did it at mealtimes, gave them the food the family was eating, and they knew if they wanted to eat they had to do it. By that age they were almost totally on table food, no jars of slop, and of course formula between meals.
    Anonymous

• I usually cut up the food and put it on her tray because she refuses to let us feed her. If I try to feed her she just turns her head and won't eat. You have to let them try and feed themselves once in awhile I will give her jar food and I just make her hold the spoon dip it in her plate and then bring it back to her mouth. So she can get the idea of what the spoon is for, but so far she is more interested in throwing it on the floor lol. She turned 11 months yesterday, but just let him play with the food and he will get the hang of it.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2009