Would you consider my eyes hazel or blue?

I have two tone eyes. I have a hazel color just around the pupil, and I put "hazel" on my license because I've always been told they were hazel, but never actually thought my eyes were hazel because it's just around my pupil that is actually hazel. the rest of my eye is a dark blue, with an even darker blue rim around it. I was looking up eye colors, and the page I ran across, stated that my color eyes were considered blue, and it showed a picture that was just like my eyes. Should I change it on my license, or just keep it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well my dear girl I really don't think the DMV cares. My license says I weigh about 60 pounds less than I do...has for years lol. No way am I changing that!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Do you have a pic? I'd say just keep it the same as long as it does look like you. My license doesnt look like me and I can't buy alcohol usually because of it! (I was wearing a scarf (wintertime)weighed a bit more, had pink lipstick on and my hair was diff. and no one believes it's me!)
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 1:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Hazel to me has always been described as green eyes with brown around the pupil. I think too many people say their eyes are hazel when they really aren't.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• You should probably just keep it the way it is until you have to get a new license redone (not renewed, but redone). At that time, ask the clerk on her opinion. It won't really matter unless you want to change it to a color that is NOT in your eyes,but since you do have hazel and blue then either one will be telling the truth.
    I don't think anyone pays terribly close attention to the stats on people's licenses anyway because changes are made all the time. Look at the people who dye their hair every shade of the rainbow every few months...lol.
    Also, DMV has me renew my license online and they just update it and send it to me in the mail. They have been using the same photo I took back in 2003, which is a hoot!
    If you had on your license that you had to wear glasses to drive and then got an operation and didn't need them anymore - you have to bring proof of the op to get it taken off. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2009