Whether you agree with Czars or not...................

do you believe they should be able to make decisions like pay cuts without authorization? I mean...thats kind of a big decision for an advisor to get to impliment..

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm glad to see that obscene level of greed curbed, yes.

from Forbes, 2005:

The heads of America's 500 biggest companies received an aggregate 54% pay raise last year. As a group, their total compensation amounted to $5.1 billion, versus $3.3 billion in fiscal 2003.
    Anonymous

• But what about when they decide to curb OTHER things? What about when it affects YOU? That seems like a narrow look at a broad use of power that Czars shouldn't have!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Exactly momof DITTO..THEN they will be crying whaaa whaaaa its not right its not fair!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• This is insane. But you couldn't expect much less for his Mightyness in power. He is oversteping every law there is to his liking
    Anonymous

• I thought this post was about executive compensation, not OTHER THINGS
    Anonymous

• That is EXACTLY the objection to Obama's czars - they ARE exercising powers which the Congress has not handed to them.

We are SUPPOSED to have THREE branches of government. The President (executive branch) is not SUPPOSED TO be able to make financial moves - that's the CONGRESS' role. The President should NOT be making regulations - that's the CONGRESS' job.

The President's CABINET are the heads of these various departments which run the gov't. And although the President nominates those he would like to work with, THEY ARE APPROVED BY CONGRESS, and they are required to make written reports to Congress about what is going on, they are required to appear before Congressional hearings.

Congress (legislative branch) has some control over the decisions of the Cabinet members, even though they work with the Pres.

When any czar creates a regulation or a money expenditure, it IS a stealth legislative move. Secret & illegal
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• And I am sorry YOU cant read anon......

do you believe they should be able to make decisions like pay cuts without authorization?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• OP there is more to the story what you posted.
    My answer is yes .
    Anonymous

• Ok curiousity ..whats the rest of the story?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I should clarify that I am am not against this decision per se so much as who was given the authority to CARRY it OUT! Its all well and good until they start infringing on you. Then I bet you start howling.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2009