About typical child custody/visitation in California?

Hello. I want to know about usual custody outcomes in California. My child's father and I have never been married. I have raised my son as a single mother from day one. Now the father has filed papers for both joint physical and legal custody. He lives with his parents, no job, no car, warrants in other counties. He has had serious mental illness problems in the past as well. His family's place is not bad at all. They are nice people, he is not. He also wants custody for two weeks out of every month until my child goes to school (he is 19 months old). My son also thinks of another man (my finace) as his father. My finace has raised him since he was three months old. Does my baby's biological father have a chance of getting what he wants? If so, what can I do to change that outcome? thank you.

JonsMom924

Asked by JonsMom924 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in General Parenting

• California Courts: Self-Help Center: Families & Children: Custody ...
    Forms and Instructions to Set Up or Change a Custody/Visitation Order (includes forms to set up or change your child support order) ...
    www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/family/custody/custforms.htm -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I am in california and I was able to make my own forms using www.ezlegalfile.com. I also run a custody group if you'd like to join, we'd love to have you!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/43565/boards/index.php
    sjmookie

Answer by sjmookie at 11:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2008