Concerned about dark spots on my face...

I'd call them "age spots" but I'm only 20, any suggestions??

Amapele7

Asked by Amapele7 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have this from my pregnancies...the 'mask of pregnancy' fades for most women, but not for me. My little one is 2.5 and I still have severe brown spots on my face, by my eyebrows and big patches on my cheeks, they almost look like clusters of freckles. There are creams to help fade them, but my son is still nursing and I can't use them yet... I HATE IT. Only freshly applied foundation covers it, but that fades quickly and you can always see them. If I step in the sun for 3 seconds they get darker, sunscreen is ESSENTIAL.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I know it's "terrible" and I'm sure I'll be persecuted for this comment, but I'm not a sunscreen person. I don't burn and b/c of the Native American in my distant family I tan very easily. I love the sun and feel much better and healthier when exposed to the vitamin D from the rays. I've heard of some night creams & day lotions that help to clear (or lighten) spots and I am wondering if anyone has had any success with any certain brand??
    Amapele7

Answer by Amapele7 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I have not had issues myself with dark spots, however, I have had several customers use our Microdermabrasion with success for them. We also have Even Complexion Essence as well to even out skin tone. Ask me about my CafeMom special. www.marykay.com/ahenderson1

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 3:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Discoloration is very common. Its usually caused by sun damage not age. Since you're so young I'm guessing thats whats going on. I have several customers who swear by the Banishing Cream Skin Discoloration Improver product number 463-374 from Avon. I used it on a spot on my leg and its gone now too. Its usually only $8.50 but we're running a sale until Sunday for $4.99 on it! You can get it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code FSANY for free shipping with no minimum purchase.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:53 AM on Oct. 24, 2009