What can I use to clean my suede furniture?

I have a suede couch and love seat and they have spit up stains and everything all over them. I've heard water can ruin them??? Is this true? If so, what do I use?

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm sorry, but you may have to speak with a cleaning specialist about your furniture, especially for suede.
    We had a cloth sofa that had been spit up on by my first daughter (she spit up a LOT). I scrubbed where she spit up each and every time she did it and used a cleaner for furniture, which looked nice, but by the time she was 18 months old the stains all reappeared as nasty brown spots (it was an off-white sofa) and they would not go away.
    We found out that even though I had cleaned the couch, the formula still sank into the cushion material and "rotted." After some time the "rottenness" moved up towards the surface.
    We threw the couch away as soon as we found this out.
    I hope you find a good solution that works long-term.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2009