Did you take Lamaze classes, and if you did, did it help or was it a waste of time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did not take lamaze, had no issues with the first two. I think a lot of that is because I was induced and never felt a contraction, however with my twins I felt every contraction and was in a lot of pain. The Nurse helped me with my breathing and I can say that the breathing definitely helped.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• me and my husband took parenting/birthing classes and it had some lamaze in it. I guess it helped us experience the whole parenting pregnancy deal more but just cause we were together and learning things. I thought the class part of it was most helpful. not the actual lamaze part but it was still neat to do and woudl want to do it again
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I took a lamaze class and a breastfeeding class with my first. I enjoyed all of it. I didn't use the breathing techniques, but I was so into being pregnant and learning everything I could. Plus, it was a guaranteed massage from my husband each week =) The breastfeeding class was invaluable, I truly believe it was a big reason I was so successful with it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Total waste of my time
    Anonymous

• We took a preparation for childbirth class. It alleviated much of the fear about labor and delivery. We also took newborn care, infant first aid/CPR and breastfeeding

Answer by rkoloms at 2:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I didn't take it. I heard it was a waste of time. I didn't need it for my c-section (ha ha hahahaha) or for my vaginal birth because it was all messed up.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I did take Lamaze twice and it helped immensely with my first labor and delivery since I gave birth in an old-fashioned hospital that didn't believe in any sort of pain relief unless there was a complication. I labored for 28 hours and pushed for about 20 minutes without any pain killer or epi and I had to be induced with pitocin because I was 3 weeks overdue. Lamaze lessons were a huge help!
    For my second birth, the Lamaze didn't really come into play. By then I lived in a place where the hospital was modern and right away I told them I wanted an epi. The labor was quicker, the pushing was easier, and she was my biggest baby at 10 lbs. If all 3 of my children were as quick and easy as she was it would have been great!
    We didn't bother with Lamaze with our 3rd. I opted for an epi, but it was all back labor and the pressure on my sciatic nerve prevented the drug from entering my left side (long story - no more room).
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2009