How common is it to be pregnant w/ a negative urine test (6-7 wks)

I'm almost 100% certain that I'm pregnant. I haven't had a cycle since August, I've been fatigued, queezy, and having to use the bathroom more frequently. Not to mention I can pinpoint the "date of conception" and it was when I should have been ovulating. I'm not trying to get pregnant, and so I'd been trying to tell myself that it was just stress and I was imagining things, but at this point I know I'm pregnant. If I'm not, then something else is really wrong. However, I've taken multiple HPTs and they are all negative. I had a blood test done, but they said the results take a week, and I've scheduled an appointment with my gyn, but they couldn't get me in until next week. I pretty much know I'm pregnant, but not having medical confirmation is driving me crazy. The thing that really kills me is the negative urine tests. I'm on my second missed period!!! Does anyone know of people being preg. w/ negative urine???

kataratos

Asked by kataratos at 2:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was preg and had a negative test bcuz it was a molor preg.. or missed abortion thats what they called it. The said the baby wasnt forming correctly and this was causing my levels not to rise the correct way. If your 2 months with out period i would think the test would be positive by now. Maybe you got preg later then you think and that's why it's not showing up?? I don't know. Did you take the test first thing in the morning?
    Anonymous

• i think it's not very common like 1% chance. but hey, that is 1 out of hundred which if you think about all the women you know, that's a few ladies, so you could be one of them ;)

it happens on the show "i didn't know i was pregnant" allll the time. lol

good luck
    Anonymous

• The blood pregnancy test takes a week? I wonder where they were sending it. You might try calling and see if they got it back earlier. I'm a lab tech and I know there are places you can wait and get your results in about an hour.

Home pregnancy tests are 97% accurate. If you have done multiple HPTs from multiple companies at progressing times it is very unlikely you are pregnant. I don't know how much I would trust dollar store HPT negatives.

You have to have HCG in your urine if you are pregnant. The HPTs detect HCG. If you drink a lot of water or other fluids your urine could be very dilute and that could give you a false negative.

You can miss a period and not have something wrong with you. It happens. You could be urinating more from a UTI or maybe you are just drinking more.

I hope you have whatever outcome you wish for.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• a good friend of mine was producing enough hcg in her urine to make her test come back positive and she went 5 months of her pregnancy without knowing. i took a ept test when i was 6 weeks pregnant and it came back negative until i went to the doctor 7 weeks later and found out i was pregnant and 13 weeks along. good luck to you
    TaiZombie

Answer by TaiZombie at 5:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2009