Mean Kids in Junior High School, how can we stop it?

My son has just moved from Los Angeles to Harrisburg PA and I can not believe the kids at his school does anyone out there care to teach their children respect for others or how about morals. Have we come to accept disrespectful children?

victoria837

Asked by victoria837 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't care about other kids. People tend to look for people who have similarities which is normal.

My son will never be part of a gang. Per say!
    Anonymous

• The school has to want to stop it. When you talk to people at the school they will probably say things like that's just the way kids are. That's the way kids are because that's the way they let kids be.

Homeschool.

AZ does something really neat. Charter schools get state funds and kids can go to charter schools for free. They get a private education for free. There are a lot of charter schools, many of them have a specific focus. Some are K-12. Charter schools can kick kids out if they don't behave. It's a win-win situation. Many of the high schools have agreements worked out with the community college and the kids get college credits! Some high schools let kids go part time that work or have kids and have evening classes.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• OMG< it has to stop, go in there and put a stop to it, immediatly, it is unexceptable, and tell them you want it to be discrete.

You don't want them calling your son down, then calling each student that will only give him more problems. You want them to investigate and end it. I wish you the best.

My daughter who is 13 was abused-verbally because of rumors. You must put and end to it.

I was raised in the city, and teaching my kids not to use their hands is what I continue to do.
    Just for one day I would love to change places with my daughter, I would whip their b...... oppppsss, I don't do that anymore. :) I am a lady, mother. etc.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Oh, and if the school don't help you, go to the superintendent, and if he can't help go to the POLICE, end it before it get ugly.

I always give my kids a chance to difuse it, but if they get carrried away, then I handle it.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Unfortunately you can't change other kids, you can only teach your son better.  Here is some books on kindness and character building http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom3-20?node=40&page=1

If they are bullying him specifically, I would definately let someone know...and read up on some ways for him to handle bullying http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom3-20?node=8&page=2

If your son is a good kid, other good kids will find him.  It may take a bit since he is new.

momjs

Answer by momjs at 7:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2009