How old do you have to be to Date

How old do have to be to date My Friends daughter likes this guy and he goes to school with her but he asked her out but her mom doesn't want her to go with out meet him first and getting to know him better . What should she do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• UMMM, My daughter knows a 15 year old that has a gorgeous baby boy. Which scares the crap out of me. I honestly wouldn't give them alone time, I mean at home, or parks or anything like that. I am guessing 15 movies, with adult droping them off. or a group. I don't know but my daughter is thirteen, and she knows no boy friends. Sorry-supervision.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My DD is not allowed to date until she is 16, and even then, it will only be double dating or group dates. We also must meet the boy she goes out with. We want to know as much as possible about him, in case anything goes wrong.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My husband and I are wicked on the fence about this issue and we only have like 10 or so years to figure out what the heck we're going to do!
    HE says she can date at whatever age which shocks the crap out of me because I figured all daddies wanted their girls' in chastity belts until they were 40! lol
    I am sooooo for dating at 16, and then only group dates, or dates at home watching a movie in the living room knowing full well we can walk in at any time.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• It's different for every family. The parents set the rules for dating.
    Anonymous

• I personally believe that one-on-one dating should not happen until the persons involved are ready for marriage. The purpose of dating is to find out if a couple is compatible for spending a lifetime together. If the persons are not mature enough to know what to look for in a mate, they have no business dating. That doesn't usually happen until the age of 18 or so and sometimes a lot later than that.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I'm going with 16, but the closer my daughter gets to it I'll probably push it back...lol
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 3:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• We have decided on 16, and only after she has taken some type of martial arts for a few years. Even at 16 she will probably have to do group/double dating.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 4:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Have the first date at home with the family at dinner. It is not outrageous for a mom to want to meet the guy her daughter is going to be dating. That is a smart mother, good for her.  As far as the age, I think it depends on the maturity and street smarts of a child.  I started in the 5th grade, my mom figured if she was driving us to and from the dates we could get into to much trouble before we started driving ourselves.  But we were good kids with a clear idea of what were going to do and not do on a date.  And they were good boys that my mom new the parents of.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2009