how can i get my 7 month old to crawl?

any tips on encouraging my baby to crawl? I give him plenty of tummy time and put toys in front of him to try and make him crawl for it but nothins workin.... when did your baby crawl? anything i can do to help him along?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter crawled really fast but seriously.. dont rush it!! because then you'll have no life... haha you'll have to follow your baby 24/7.. enjoy the fact that he is not crawling yet!!
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You can take a roll pillow and put it under the baby's tummy to help the baby get in crawl position. My baby that was a premie never crawled. He pushed himself around on his back. The physical therapist did the roll pillow in attempt to get him to crawl. Didn't work but at least he spent some time in the position.

Here is some online info. It talks about getting a roller. We used a hard roll pillow.

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/forum/baby/helping-baby-crawl.html
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• crawling is not a milestones. some kids crawl early other late. some never do. my ds is 8 mts and jst army crawls. my dd dint crawl on all 4 tilll she was almsot 10 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• He'll do it when he's ready - IF HE wants to. You can't force him to crawl. Not all babies do. Leave him be, if he's enjoying his tummy time give it to him and he'll start when and if he wants to.
    Anonymous

• I don't think you can force them to crawl it's cute when they do, but only for a bit like the first poster said enjoy that he isn't crawling right now lol. My daughter army crawled at 8 months and crawled at 9 months. Some babies never crawl and go straight to walking so don't be worried about it.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Enjoy the time they are not mobile! He'll crawl when he's ready - what's the rush?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• op here: just hereing other mothers saying their babies crawled at 4 1/2 months and stuff... I was nervouse my ds's development was slow or something
    Anonymous

• "op here: just hereing other mothers saying their babies crawled at 4 1/2 months and stuff.."

Don't worry about that.

Comparing babies is a fool's errand. I'm sure you're too busy for foolishness.

Many babies NEVER crawl. Instead they go straight to walking earlier than their crawling peers.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2009