Thinking about having baby #2 sometime down the road, but worried how my son will handle it when the baby comes? Any suggestions?

He goes to daycare and has been asking to go see the babies in the infant room and we go in there and he does really well. I'm afraid that will all change when he realizes that the baby stays. If any of this makes any sense?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The World Health Organization recommends waiting until your child is 3 to ttc. It's best for your health and the new baby. Then your son will be older and it will be easier for him and you when the new baby is born.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Yes, it will be easier when they're older. I've always thought that getting a baby doll that cries and pees would help a kid to understand about the baby. At least it'll help them get used to the idea.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• well i had my son when dd was 23 mts. and is great. she did fine, she is my lil hel;per. sometimes she helps more then her dad!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I worried about that too. My dd is 2 and I just had her brother not even two weeks ago. She is really great with brother. At this age though, I'm not sure if she's acting out towards me or is it just the terrible twos. I definitely have my hands full with two in diapers and trying to pt.
    illillillilli

Answer by illillillilli at 6:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2009