ok my 6 month old son...

used to sleep throughout the whole night from 2.5 months til about a week ago, now he is up everyother hour. its a little frstrating considering I am a single mother, any tips? advice? help neeeeddeedd!

Lizzzzabetth426

Asked by Lizzzzabetth426 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is he waking to eat? If so, could be a growth spurt, feed him accordingly. Is he just fussy, whiny, crying? Could be an ear infection or little cold or something like that starting - not all babies pull at their ears, call your doctor and have him checked out for that. Is he just laying there playing a bit and going back to sleep? Leave him be unless he cries.
    Anonymous

• Maybe he's teething?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Is he teething? Try some tylenol before bed and see if that helps. Teething stinks.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 3:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• im pretty sure he is teething, i do tylenol an orajel before bedtime and when he wakes he eats about 6 oz each time but when i feed him his dinner, oatmeal/stage 2 babyfood jar and 6oz bottle he refuses to eat th food somtimes
    Lizzzzabetth426

Answer by Lizzzzabetth426 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• if something changed in the family, or for her, then this is normal. or it could be that she's just being a normal baby and waking up at night. it's something that will pass, it's just being a part of being a mom.

my advice would be to let her cry it out before you go in there. let her cry for about 15 minutes before you go in there and do whatever you do to get her back to sleep. after a while of doing this (with my kids it took about a week) they eventually just fall back asleep on their own.
    Anonymous

• ok let me rephrase: let her CIO unless she's sick.

BTW, orajel isn't a good idea, it only toughens the gums up and makes it harder for the teeth to get through, thus, making the teething process longer, harder and more painful. use teething tablets, drops or tylenol

Anonymous

• eeek im tossing the orajel, yes i recently had to move back with my parets bc my ex decided to kick us out and i lost everything except for my son
    Lizzzzabetth426

Answer by Lizzzzabetth426 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2009