wondering how long does birth control take to get OUT of your system?

My husband and I did the deed the last day i took my final pill, and was wondering if it could be possible to get pregnant? Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i think it takes about month for it to be completely out of your system..I dont think the day after you stopped is enough time---but people get preg on the pill so who knows...wait and see
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• oh that's plenty of time lol. i stopped taking the pill, thinking i was good for a month cuz i thought it took that long to get out of my system. boy was i ever wrong. found out i was pregnant a few weeks later.
    Anonymous

• I think it depends on how long you were on it too. I have a friend who has decided to start trying and her doctor told her since she has been on it for 9 years, it will probably take 6 month to a year for her to start having normal cycles where she is fertile. But if she had only been on it a year or so, she would be good to go after her next period.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You are safe until you ovulate. That will be after your period but you don't know exactly when. It all depends on how safe you have to be. I wouldn't worry for 2 weeks. I would start charting my temps now so I know what is happening and when I ovulate.

I was always able to get pregnant right after coming off the pills. It would be a couple of weeks after, of course when I ovulated. I would do the temp charts and I was trying to get pregnant.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• It's different for everyone. I got pregnant right after skipping my next depo shot, while I've heard other women say they couldn't get pregnant for 2 years. The person, the baby-making stuff, the bc, it all makes a lot of difference. But I kinda doubt you'd have gotten pregnant the day you took your last pill.
    Anonymous