What is with car seats and grocery carts?

Every bit of reading material I read says not to put your car seat on the grocery cart, but I see it everyday at the store!

I know my parents did the same thing, my sister did the same thing, but everywhere says not to?

Can someone clarify? Is it just so if the baby does fall, you can't sue anyone?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 3:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think they say that for legal reasons, so someone doesn't sue for 10 million dollars if a car seat falls off the cart. as long as u snap the car seat onto the cart safely, and if ur standing right there its not gonna fall off, i think its fine. but i think all the warnings are there so no one gets sued
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I've never read that. I put the car seat in the big part of the grocery cart. I don't see how it could fall without the entire cart falling over and I don't see that happening.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• The carts can tip over ... it's a safety measure just like it says no kids over a certain weight or no kids standing things like that..
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 4:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• it's a cya. I did it w/o any problems but I was always careful not to leave the cart just in case. If there was room, I usually would just put the carrier into the cart, rather than on the handle.
    Anonymous