How old was your toddler when you got him a toddler bed?

I'm just wondering because my little guy won't sleep in his crib, I was thinking maybe a toddler bed but at 14 months, he might be too young for a toddler bed.

???

MinnieMouse8

Asked by MinnieMouse8 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter was 20 months. she didnt choose to walk till she was 18 months - and yess i say choose cuz she just didnt want to, not cuz she was held. She could form sentances before she could walk the litte turd.

I put her in a toddler bed cuz she slept all night and never ever got up. when i had to put my girls in the same room a toddler bed didnt make the room look as small and cramped as a crib did. she did just fine.
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My daughter was around that age. I had quit BFing her, and she refused to sleep in a crib early on, so we co-slept. Pretty much put her in one once she was able to get in and out of one on her own. They have guard rails so the tot wont roll out of bed that easy and it's low to the ground so it's not that far to fall if somehow the tot does fall out. My daughter (who just turned 2) loves her bed and even puts herself to bed sometimes before I can even lay her down for the night.
    illillillilli

Answer by illillillilli at 5:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• The night he climbed out and nearly broke his arm. At about sixteen months. His crib converted right down and has little rails. We co slept for a hour or two a night before I put him in his bed. Now at nearly two he will go to his bed and climb right in, occasionally sleeping with me. They'll let you know. Good luck!
    SweetyMomma

Answer by SweetyMomma at 1:08 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My oldest son was 2. My daughter was 13-14 months but only because we were about to have another baby & I needed the crib for him but now cant get her out of our bed LOL. Shes now 3 1/2 and my baby boy hes 23 months and is still in his crib. I figure when he figures out how to climb out of it we will get him a big boy bed. I baby sit a little girl who is almost 3 and she sleeps in a crib and doesn't try to get out. It honestly depends on your needs and the childs needs. But if I were you I would enjoy the crib while you can. LOL You won't have to worry about them sneaking around the house while your a sleep getting on top of the fridge like my daughter did or sneaking out the window LOL like she did. Now we have alarms on all the windows because of that.
    Savannah12345

Answer by Savannah12345 at 2:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2009