Breast/nipple shields

I am using one with my 4 week old and seems she isnt fully over it. I cant ever get her to nurse without it. Once in a while she will but we are strugling. I was hoping that you may have some tips or could tell me how long you used one? Will it mess with my supply? Any info you can give me of your personal experience....thanks!

Softwater

Asked by Softwater at 3:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It can cause a decrease in supply but it seems like if you have been using it since the beginning then it would have done so by now.

Since she is nursing sometimes without it that means she CAN. You know your baby best and need to keep working with her.

If you think your supply is starting to drop you can pump. That's much better than teas or herbs.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• www.kellymom.com is a good breastfeeding website
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• thanks!
    Softwater

Answer by Softwater at 4:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2009