Christmas gift ideas for a toddler?

My little guy will be 16 months when Christmas is here, I have some ideas in mind, maybe there is some ideas that I haven't thought of for Christmas presents.

Thanks for the ideas, suggestions, or anything you share!

MinnieMouse8

Asked by MinnieMouse8 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You could make him a little storybook of all his favorite things/places/people - it's personal, fun and educational! Put pictures and names on each page. You can clip in different textures and shapes and colors. Make it travel and wear-friendly so it'll hold up as he takes it with him on the go! Plus, he can keep it forever and have something more durable than a baby-book!
    mommaruth07

Answer by mommaruth07 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My son loves his power wheels. We bought him a kawasaki quad power wheel for his 1 year b-day and he still rides it everyday. They make some for younger kids.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My son's all time favorite toy was a yellow plastic dump truck. We still have it and he is 21. We don't think they make the exact one we have been looking for it for my grandson.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• My 2 year old son loves dinosaurs and blocks (Lego Duplos). An indoor tent is also a lot of fun. Tool bench toys are good too.
    Anonymous

• Mega Bloks or the Lego Duplo blocks. The latter can be used with the smaller Legos as he gets older. Or if he is a big scribbler, Crayola makes this "Color me a song" drawing board that makes music as he draws. I am getting one for my daughter. My nephew got a little ride on horse that hooked up to the TV for some educational games last year for Christmas. He was about 19 months then. And we got my daughter the VTech Sit to Stand dance tower for her first birthday and she loves it. All of her cousins, aged 3 to 10 months, play with it and love it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• And you know, Walmart has an option online where you can search for toys and baby things by age and gender. You can scope that out and get some ideas of things you may not have known were out there.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• You could go to walmart.com, target.com, or e-toys.com, and do a search by age. They will show you some great age appropriate toys for your little one.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I got my daughter this: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11969645
    well, one similair. It's fairly flimsy, which just means when it falls over, it won't hurt your child. It says 3 and up, but she used it at 18 months and LOVED IT. I keep it inside and fold it up when not in use. She absolutely loves crawling through the tunnel. She likes it best when she has friends over as it's not really sized for mommy and daddy to play in.

Also good toys this age are ride on/push toys. They are usually walking well so can enjoy them more rather than using them for support. Bubbles. Blocks, puzzles and books. Invest in some thick crayons and coloring books or blank paper.
    Anonymous