How do you cook a ham?

Looking for recipe ideas for a 7 lb smoked ham shank. It's been a long time since I've cooked one of these so I don't remember what temp the oven should be on or how long it needs to cook for. Any other recipes I could use with this ham would be appreciated as well, since this most likely will last for two or more meals.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I always bake it. Since I find them to be too salty for my personal taste, I will fill a turkey roaster with water after putting the ham in it and cover it before putting in the oven. Bake it at 325 degrees long enough for the ham to reach an internal temp of 160 degrees on a meat thermometer, about 18 to 25 minutes per pound. Drain the water and you've got a moist, tasty ham!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• mix some brown sugar and fancy mustard and slather it on the fat side then bake for about an hour on 350. you just need to heat it through and crisp the topping. they are fully cooked.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 8:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2009