Do I need to buy a baby toothbrush for my son's teeth? They just popped up.

I don't know if I'm supposed to use one of those little finger brushes, or if I should buy an actual tooth brush. My son is 10 months and he just got his first 4 little teeth about a month ago. Obviously he's too young to learn to brush them himself, but am I supposed to use a toothbrush? And do I use a tiny little bit of toothpaste or no?

Butterflysky_24

Asked by Butterflysky_24 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used the finger toothbrush until my sons first tooth popped then I started using the baby toothbrush that comes w/the toothpaste w/out fluoride @ walmart. He is 13mos now w/10.5 teeth & they are in great shape! good luck!
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• we used a toothbrush as soon as there were teeth, with Tom's of Maine toothpaste

Answer by rkoloms at 4:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• We use a toothbrush with training toothpaste (no fluoride)

Answer by missanc at 4:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I used the baby tooth brush once we got the first two teeth. the I allow my kids to try and brush there teeth and they love it. it also teaches them
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I got the finger one. It's made of a thin rubber with itty bitty bristles and looks like a thimble. The one I bough came with infant tooth paste which is flouride free so it's safe to swallow. I still flushed her mouth with water afterwards though. Now she's 15 months and at a year I got a soft bristled baby tooth brush and she loves it. She thinks it's awesome. :)
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 12:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2009