what is your opinion on stuttering?be honest....has the opinion of stuttering changed in the last few years?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No opinion on it. If you can't help something then why be punished for that?
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• What's changed?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I have no opinions on it. DH does it, sometimes severly. Especially if he is really excited & trying to explain something. He says his brain works faster than his mouth can talk...or at least that's what it seems like to him. I think it's cute. It's part of him, & if he didn't do it anymore i would miss it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i had a friend that sttuttered... and her and all her friends made a joke of it. but i think it had something to do with her mom drinkin while she was preg with her but i dont think it has to be a big deal. nothing is diff about the person. they cant help it. but she no longer really stutters so its really not a big deal.
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 3:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• i stuttered as a child, and finally outgrew it (with much effort)... i had a drug over dose about 7 1/2 years ago, and a lot of memory loss occurred, along with it- my stutter came back. i fought it for a couple of years, and now it only bothers me when i am tired, or have had one too many glasses of red wine. lol

i didn't know that there WAS a general opinion. no one ever made a big deal out of it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I stutter when I get excited or nervous, and I explain it the same way that Samurai Chica's husband does. It feels like thoughts are forming faster than my mouth can say them. "W" and "T" are really bad for me. When I talk to someone in a confrontation and I feel like I am on lower ground, then I start to stutter badly, or if I am trying to explain something that I am excited about.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I think more people are understanding about it.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I don't think anything about it. My oldest went through a period of dysfluency (stuttering) as a toddler/preschooler. He has pretty much outgrown it. We had to model talking slowly with him. He was at a stage where his brain and his mouth were not co-ordinating well- he had so much he wanted to say so quickly that he would stutter trying to get it all out.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Ok, if its a stranger then when they first stutter I might get a surprised look on my face but then its just a normal conversation and I dont care or pay it much mind.

If its someone I know then the conversation is just that and I dont pay it any mind.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• I have no opinion. Some people stutter; it's not something they choose to do. My son has a speech impairment. He doesn't stutter, but he has trouble with saying certain letters or groups of letters as part of a word. The guy that I am currently dating stutters. Yes, it does require me to listen even more carefully when he speaks, and it does take him longer to say a simple sentence, but I enjoy his company and like him enough that I can deal with it. And maybe I have a bit more patience with him b/c of my son as well. But I don't think anything about someone who stutters.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2009