Are there any advicates for Plural Marriage here??

I have a wonderful husband. However I have been a strong advocate in the fight for gay marriage rights for some time. I am also a very strong believer in plural marriage although I am not a part of one. With over 1/3 of the world in countries where plural marriage (more than 1 wife or husband) I feel that the US should be more welcoming of such a lifestyle.

Please do not get me wrong. Cases of child or forced marriage are NOT what I fight for! Simply the permission to marry whom ever a grown adult chooses. You do not have to agree, and I don't expect most too. However, this is a cause that I want to become more active in and I am looking for ways to do to so.

Are there any groups here or elseware that I may join? Charities, websites or social sites where I can help to support this cause?

**Any negative or hateful comments will be reported, so don't bother!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am not active in the cause or anything, but I know there are a couple groups on here for polygamy/polyamory (sp?) just do a search and join one, there will probably be more links.
    It is something that is allowed in my religion and I know many families that are very happy (Not the lifestyle for me though, lol)
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Thanks isra! I would personally love to be in a plural marriage. But my DH doesn't agree. So, we are not. Either way, I have the greatest respect for anyone that is and will fight for their rights until they have them! Just as I do gay, mixed race or any other contriversial adult marriage!!
    Anonymous

• OP here - If anyone knows of groups on here, I have rund a search and can't find any...
    Anonymous

• I think consenting adults should be able to marry whoever they want and how many people they want!
    Anonymous

• marriage is supposed to be for one man and one woman. bringing more people into your marriage only complicates things and increases your chances for diseases and problems. I hope you guys never have the opportunity to bring someone else in your marriage so that you can remain married and faithful to your spouses. that way when you grow old with eachother you have eachother to lean on and not fight for the affection of a third wheel.
    Anonymous

• I believe if you can have gay marriage then there should be no law against plural marriage. I would like the same rights gays are given if I so chose to do something that I do not believe is wrong IF done right.
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 8:17 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Anon, as I said in my first post, POlygamy is not for me, but I know others who are very happy.
    Im my religion, it is something that is allowed (although not encouraged) and there are set rules that the husband has to follow. Everything has to be fair, from gifts to how much he loves them. There is no fighting, no feeling left out. THey all love and respect eachother. I see the many bebefits of it as well!
    As GDIMOM said, it can be something wonderful if done right.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 8:34 AM on Oct. 23, 2009