Wow...I'd like to smack Dr.Phil for this comment about why men cheat....

So i tape Dr.Phil and watch it on the weekends when i can. This one show had on "the other women" giving advice to married women on how to keep their man from straying.

These women said that sahm and wahm's don't care for their looks, their Dh goes to work and see women done up every day, and that's why they cheat! Then Dr.Phil said that sahm/wahm's should look nicer for their husbands when they come home, and the dh wouldn't be tempted by other women! Basically, all the responsibility and blame was being put on the woman (sahm/wahm).

I think men who cheat, cheat. Men who don't love their wives...lounge pants, hair in a pony tail, house clean and all!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2009 in Entertainment

• What a crock. Just when I think it can't get more shallow. Women need to be their husband's girlfriend? Bull. Men need to grow the hell up. Why anyone would listen to a slut who sleeps with married men is what I'd like to know. And what about the men? Does the dress up thing apply to them too? Doubtful. Why doesn't anyone ever say they need to be a wife's boyfriend? It's about time people realize marriage is for adults not shallow immature adolescents.
    Anonymous

• ehhh i agree with him. Listen to Dr laura shes got a lot of great points.
    yes there are scum bags who cheat just to cheat regardless of how pretty his wife may be but dr laura says we all need to learn to be our Husbands girlfriends and not their wifes. Most men not all do cheat because they are lacking something at home. Support, appricieation whatever it may be.
    Anonymous

• well even if my hair is a mess, i have spit up from the baby in my shirt, no makeup and still in my pjs when my dh comes home, he still tells me how beautiful he thinks i am...
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• what about the husbands that dont want u to wear make up or dress up even if its for them or not?
    Anonymous

• Dr. Phil just gave men a free immaturity ticket.

Love is blind. So are real men.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• op...i'm not saying women who are smelly, gross, or unclean. I'm talking about the normal housewife. We are clean, showered, just aren't wearing fancy work clothes, make up and hair done up. We still look decent.

fyi, this is me. My dh likes my ponytail, a clean house, and me having some energy for hour long sex every night! But if i have to dress up, then take makeup off at night, may not be that much time left for fun...?
    Anonymous

• Men cheat because they are dumbasses. If he is not happy at home, it is up to him to talk to his wife about it. Even if it is something as shallow as "Honey, do you think you could wear some makeup more often, or get dressed up even though you are just going to be home all day taking care of my kids, cleaning my house and cooking me dinner?" Be a grownup about it instead of finding some skank and ruining your family because you didn't "feel appreciated." If they are not happy, they should talk to their wives.
    Anonymous

• Don't get me wrong... I do believe that a man's cheating is his choice and his choice alone. That said, however, I do think that Dr Phil's statements have some level of validity to them. No, it's NEVER right for a man to cheat...but it is true that men and women feel loved and value different things in one another. If each were asked to list the top five most important things to them, (as they have been in certain studies) women want things like being listened to and companionship, while men feel loved through sex, having an attractive spouse, and being respected. By keeping ourselves "presentable" it's the same as showing love in his mind. I'm not saying women should spend an hour getting ready every day and "freshen up" by putting on heels before he gets home, but maintaining proper hygeine and showing we care about our appearance is still important. Not always convenient...but that is how they are wired.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• Yep- I get it. That show made me mad too. And as "anon" said I am also a fan of Dr. Laura
    but this show was out of line. I am not happy w/Dr. Phil this season. I have been a fan of his for a while now but there have been a few shows this season so far that have rubbed me the wrong way. The one you're talking about was the worst! I was disappointed in Dr P for giving those "women" the stage the way he did - it was wrong.
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• op & momrocks, i saw that show too. I'd like to have 5 minutes alone with those "other women". They were just skanks trying to justify their loose behavior. LMAO-they even said they "save" some marriages b/c they "council" the husbands and listen to them. Funny, no one in the audience seemed to have the sympathy they were trying to get.

Erinhill...the op said she is clean. I assume that means good hygeine.

And that's me too. I'm in yoga/workout pants and shirts daily. I do put on clean clothes if i have food/art on me. And i do let my hair down & brush it out when my dh comes home.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2009